12/15/09

Virgin Galactic Unviels Commercial Space Ship

I've been saying for a while that if I hit the lottery or somehow came into a bunch of money I would go to Russia and have them shoot me into space.  Luckily, now I only need $200,000, instead of about $45 Million.  Should've put that on my X-mas list...



"At the unveiling, the spacecraft was attached to its carrier plane. The plane will carry the spacecraft and its six passengers and two pilots to an altitude of 50,000 feet before releasing it.
From there, a rocket motor will carry the craft the rest of the way to the edge of space -- about 325,000 feet, or 60 miles, from Earth. Passengers will be able not only to see the curvature of their planet but to experience weightlessness."     -John Johnson Jr., LA Times


No comments:

Post a Comment